Fruit Fly Baiting
1. All fruits and some vegetables as target crops.
2. Fully calibrated helicopter spray systems with custom built nozzles for application of GF- 120 NF
3. Average field sizes see 300 hectares per hour baited.
4. 350 droplets per square meter, droplets the size of a match head according to label parameters.
5. GF-120 NF is applied in a 1:1 mixture with water, making it super concentrated which ensures that
droplets lasts longer, are more attractive to fruit flies and results in increased level of eventual
control as part of an area wide approach to fruit fly management vs ground applications which
are generally applied in a mixture of 1:9
6. Spray height of 20m to 30m above the target area as endorsed by product manufacturers.
7. All spray lines are mapped and monitored ensuring precise application. these maps are available
to the producer for export purposes.
Aerial application is more effective than ground application because:
1. Bigger area treated in short time
2. Reliability vs ground applications which are sometimes not done properly
3. Concentrated GF-120 mixture: droplets last longer, better eventual level of control
4. Area wide management